We just got back from my daughter’s Montessori picnic. It was a lot of toddlers and young children running around screaming, organized games and other prescribed “fun”, and forced small talk with other parents who didn’t want to be there, all while insects landed on our food. All the hell of a baby shower for people who have already had their kids.
I brought homemade hummus with some sliced carrots and celery, all organic, of course! As people were leaving, they packed up whatever food containers they had brought with them. When my husband went to pick ours up, he couldn’t find it. He spends so little time in the kitchen that I wasn’t surprised he couldn’t identify our food containers, so I went to check. Nope. It was gone. It was the only container of its kind there, so there is no way it was taken by accident. And it wasn’t a nice container. I really believe that someone wanted to take the remainder of my hummus. I was annoyed, sure, but also a little proud!
Here’s my theft-worthy Hummus recipe.
2 cans Organic Chickpeas (15 oz; or equivalent volume of cooked chickpeas)
1/2 cup Organic Sesame Tahini
6 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Filtered Water
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus a drizzle for garnish)
6 tsp Crushed Garlic
1 tbsp Cumin Powder
1 tsp Paprika (plus a tsp for garnish)
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
Stick everything, except for the garnish, into a food processor and blend for a couple of minutes until smooth.
Garnish and serve!
54 Tbsp = 2,651 calories*
2 tbsp = 98 cals
- Hummus (femmehavenn.wordpress.com)
- Extra Basil? Recipe for Homemade Hummus with Basil (wellpreserved.ca)
- My favorite hummus (greensmoothiewithasideofries.wordpress.com)
- Green olive hummus spread (shipraprakash.wordpress.com)
- Garlic Hummus (kathrynskitchenblog.com)
- Chummus, Khummus, Hummus (kitchenbinder.wordpress.com)
- My Favourite Hummus Recipe (ericaorcalluna.wordpress.com)