Christina is an amazing person. She has come from a harrowing loss and depression, and gone on to own her life, reach her weight goals, inspire others, and become a very important member of teamDDPyoga.com, while also being a wonderful mother, wife and friend. It was both an honour and a shock to co-win the 2014 DDP Yoga Challenge with her. To be honest, I feel a little undeserving of being held up alongside her.
In other words, I went from this:
How do you like the new advertising campaign?
To mark our joint achievements, I thought I would do what Christina and I do best: inject some humour into the situation. On the DDP Yoga trailblazers Facebook group, we came up with a funny list of effects that training for the certification has on your life. Here it is:
- You can’t do the regular workouts without instinctively mirroring the movements AND/OR your sense of left and right is completely messed up now!
- You find yourself pulling your adductors together and squeezing your glutes while queuing at the store.
- You always go from Touchdown to Huddle Up when doing the regular workouts, instead of folding forward like you’re meant to.
- You totally thought it was “Hulk it OUT”…. oops!
- Your friends and family are sick of you referencing what you heard on DDP Radio, and you rebut their claims that you’ve “really drunk the Kool-Aid” by pointing out that Kool-Aid would never be allowed in Phase III.
- Waiting in a doctor’s office or an airport is torture… Look at all that open space where I could really get in a great DDP Yoga session!
- You feel genuine pity for any friend that speaks enthusiastically about a non-DDP Yoga exercise program. They just don’t know any better!
- You can’t make it through a single day without at least one Diamond Cutter thrown in for good measure, even on rest days.
- You have developed a new handshake, fingers spread wide and engaged!
- If you see someone slouching, you have the urge to run them through entire ignition phase.
- (For Men) MsN has ruined missionary position!
- You know the words to every workout… backwards.
- You literally can’t wait to be really old! Lower target HR? Awwww yeaahh!
- You totally kicked ass doing your DDP Yoga today!
Okay, so maybe it’s only funny if you’re training to get certified.
If there’s one thing DDP Yoga it excels at, it’s having a sense of humour: